In holiday, visits to trade fairs:
please look on german version "Startseite"
- 1915 six years later the siblings Ilse and Bernhard W. E. Schmeltzer joined the family business at Kuhstraße 3 where the residence of the store remained until 2005. The new adress is now Untermauerstraße 6 only a few feet away.
- 1946 After the second world war Schmeltzer built up contacts to the famous worldwide known watch manufactoring companies J. Assmann, Glashütte and Louis Brandt & Sons, the later named "Omega". As there was a continious business relation ship for 111 years Schmeltzer is one of the oldest Omega-concessionaires worldwide.
- 2001 The family owned business celebrated its 120th anniversary.
- 2009 Micha Schmeltzer continues the family tradition as he started a jewelry store in Sarasota, Florida, U.S.A. named Sahra's Treasures.
- 2010 The family owned business celebrated its 120th anniversary.
Current offers of jeweller and master watchmaker Schmeltzer
Handmade jewellery, fine mechanical watches, antique watches and clocks, estate jewellery are offered. Customers appreciate the professional and qualified advice and service of master watch factory. All clocks or watches offered, are in good or very good condition, carefully restored and sold with full warranty.
Three books about historic clocks and watches are written by Bernhard Schmeltzer, published by Karin Schmeltzer Verlag and sold successfully in german speaking countries.
Particular interesting to watch collectors and friends of fine mechanical pieces are workshops for watches, hold by Bernhard Schmeltzer, where participants learn how to dismantel and rebuilt watch movements.
You are also invited to visit the annual watch and clock exibition to give an idea of fascination of this beautiful profession to as many people as possible.